Skip to main content

Student Records

Please complete the Hayward Adult School - Student Records Request Form for student records requests and employment verifications.


There is a $3 fee per copy of the student records.  This fee should not be paid until after the student’s records are ready.  An email will be sent with instructions on how they can pay online.  Students may also pay the fee in the Front Office.  


Sealed official transcripts and attendance records can be sent to the student’s address or picked up at Hayward Adult School’s Front Office.  Typically, requests take 3 to 5 business days to complete.


Students may use the computer in the Front Office to complete their requests.  In-person requests will still take approximately 3 to 5 business days to complete.


Release of Student Information
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal
law that protects the privacy of student education records. It protects all records, paper and
computerized, and includes video or audio tape and microfilm. Generally adult students must
give consent for the release of school records and information. However, FERPA and the
Education Code allow schools to disclose those records, without consent, to the following parties
or under the following conditions including but not limited to: School officials with legitimate
educational interest; Other schools to which a student is transferring; Specified officials for audit
or evaluation purposes; Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school; Accrediting organizations;
To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena; Appropriate officials in cases of health
and safety emergencies; and State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant
to specific State law. (EC 49076, 49077; 34 CFR section 99.31)


GED Transcripts and Diplomas

GED records are no longer stored at HAS.  Those requests must be completed on


Hayward Unified School District Records

If you need records from another high school in the Hayward Unified School District, please visit their website at HUSD Student Records.